ATHLETIX LIFE PTE. LTD. (“ATHLETIX”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) respects your privacy and will endeavour to comply with all relevant laws for the protection of data subject privacy.
1.Acceptable Collection, Use, and/or Disclosure
3.Types Of Personal Data We Collect from You
- from that data; or
- from that data and other information to which ATHLETIX has or is likely to have access.
- Identifiable Information: Your telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, first name, last name, profile name, gender identity, photographs, location, login information for social media accounts that you connect to your Account (this could include, for example, your Google, Facebook, and Apple accounts), and any other information relating to you which you have provided us via the Platform, or through our other forms of interaction with you;
- Geolocation Information: If you have granted us access to your device’s location settings, when you use your mobile device, we will gather data related to Wi-Fi access points and other location specifics such as longitude and latitude to determine your estimated location. We may also store your device’s coordinates for the purpose of providing specific features. We do not track your real-time movements as part of this activity. To protect your privacy, we do not retain any of the location data used for this activity and it is permanently deleted once the results are generated. If you have given us access to your location but wish to deactivate this feature, you may disable the function via your device settings.
You warrant and represent to us that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true, and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and/or services you have requested and/or to process the required administration.
What Other Individuals Can See About You
While using the Platform, please bear in mind that anything you post or submit may potentially be visible to both Users and people who are not using the Platform. Your ATHLETIX profile and other information you choose to share publicly via the Platform, may be viewed by individuals who are not Users of the Platform. For instance, a User could capture a screenshot of your profile and share it with a third party, regardless of whether that third party uses the Platform. We have no control over such use or disclosures of your Personal Data provided to us, and you share such Personal Data that is publicly accessible at your own discretion and risk.
We recommend and encourage you (and all our Users) to think carefully about the personal data you share with us. We also generally do not recommend that you share your personal data, especially sensitive personal data such as credit card details, national identity numbers, drivers’ licence details, in a manner which may be abused and misused by others.
When you share publicly viewable personal information about yourself to others when using our Services (e.g. by providing information for your User profile or when using the messaging function on the Platform to communicate with others), you assume the responsibility for the extent of Personal Data you disclose, and any associated risks.
4.1.How We Collect, Use, and/or Disclose Your Personal Data
We may collect, use, and/or disclose the Personal Data for the purposes which we have specifically obtained your consent, and such purposes include the following:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our Platform and/or related websites and services to provide our products and services offered to you;
- Improve, personalise, and expand our Platform and/or related websites and services;
- Understand and analyse how you use our Platform and/or related websites and services, and this includes the use of surveys;
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Platform and/or related website, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Process payment, billing, account, credit checks and debt-recovery matters;
- Process and administer benefits or entitlements (if any) in connection with your employment, internship, or volunteering with us;
- Process potential employment, internships, and volunteering opportunities with us;
- Respond to your queries and requests;
- Find and prevent fraud or other illegal conduct, including but not limited to acts relating or encouraging money laundering, counter-terrorism, or unlawful gambling, scams, illegal moneylending, drug offences, sexual exploitation activities, transmission of obscene materials, violence or disobedience to rules and regulations, disharmony amongst different races, religion, or classes of population;
- Comply with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities and agencies;
- Moderate and monitor Users’ conduct, as well as assess reported or suspected accounts (including messages sent by Users), for any action or content that violates our Terms of Service and/or EULA, and enforce our Terms of Service and/or EULA;
- Communicate to you any updates regarding our new products, services, and/or policies;
- Comply with applicable rules, laws and regulations as well as the legal process or legal requirements of any government agency;
- Learn or understand behaviour and preferences of existing or prospective users and identify goods or services that may be suitable for them;
- Inform you about promotions, discounts, or events we currently offer using direct marketing or other communication methods, provided you have subscribed to our communications or explicitly given your consent (your email address will not be used for email direct marketing unless you provide consent during the account creation process or through the Platform’s settings (you can opt out of marketing communications at any time through the Platform’s settings or by using the provided opt-out mechanisms and links in each message); and/or
- Any other purposes incidental to the above.
ATHLETIX will seek your prior consent for any collection, use, and/or disclosure of your Personal Data in relation to these purposes and for any other purpose that is not listed above.
4.2.Who we may disclose your Personal Data to
We may disclose your Personal Data to various third parties for the purposes mentioned above. Such third parties include without limitation:
- financial institutions, payment processors and facilitators;
- cloud-based service providers;
- marketing partners and marketing platform providers;
- data analytics providers;
- research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with ATHLETIX or on ATHLETIX’s behalf;
- API developers engaged by ATHLETIX;
- ATHLETIX volunteers and interns;
- professional advisors such as lawyers and auditors;
- service providers performing background checks and anti-money laundering detection services;
- any liquidator, receiver, official assignee/trustee, judicial manager or any other person appointed under or pursuant to any applicable law or court order in connection with the bankruptcy, liquidation, winding up, judicial management or any other analogous process in respect of any individual, company or business;
- law enforcement officials;
- government agencies and regulatory bodies;
- other third-party service providers engaged by ATHLETIX; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data.
- Notification Obligation
Either before or when we collect, use, and/or disclose your Personal Data, we shall inform you of the purpose for which the Personal Data is collected, used, and/or disclosed, except when such Personal Data can be collected, used, and/or disclosed without consent, or consent has been deemed to be provided under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
- Accuracy Obligation
ATHLETIX will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data provided to us. Failure to provide complete and accurate information may result in our inability to provide you with services you have requested and/or other administrative delays.
- Transfer and Disclosure of Personal Data in and outside Singapore
ATHLETIX follows a standard procedure of using log files which log visitors when they use the Platform or the Site. All hosting companies do this as part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the Platform and/or related website, and gathering demographic information.
6.Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
Like any other companies, ATHLETIX uses “cookies”. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information may be used to optimise the users’ experience by customising our Services based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
By using our Site and/or Platform, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect or analyse anonymised information from which individuals cannot be identified (“Aggregate Information”), such as the number of users and their frequency of use, and the number of page views (or page impressions). The Aggregate Information collected is used to assist us in analysing the usage of our Services and improving our Services.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser or device setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site and/or Platform.
7.Your Data Privacy Rights
We enable you to make numerous choices about your Personal Data: You may choose to exercise your rights, such as those below, for the protection of your Personal Data:
- Right to update or correct your Personal Data;
- Right to access your Personal Data;
- Right to delete your Personal Data;
- Right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- Right to opt-out from the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Data for certain purposes such as direct marketing purposes. If you make such an opt-out request, we will cease to collect, use, or disclose your personal data for this purpose.
- Right to withdraw your consent given to us to collect, use, and disclose your Personal Data; and/or
If we are unable to respond to your access or correction request within 30 days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within 30 days of the time by which we would be able to respond to your request.
8.Protection, Data Breach Notification Obligation
We will endeavour to protect your Personal Data in our possession or contract against risks of unauthorised collection, use, disclosure, copying, access, modification, disposal, or destruction, through reasonable and appropriate security measures. We strive to ensure that our systems are reasonably secure and that they meet industry standards.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data we collect.
Notwithstanding our security measures for protecting your Personal Data, you acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure and by providing your Personal Data to us, you are transmitting information at your own risk.
While we can’t guarantee 100% online security, here are some tips for you to safeguard your data:
- Always think twice (or thrice) before sharing your personal data with any Users.
- Always log out of your account when done using it to prevent unauthorised access.
- Never share your ATHLETIX Account password with others.
- Periodically change your password for added security.
- Use strong, unique passwords with a combination of upper-and lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters. Avoid easily guessable information like birthdays or common words.
- Be cautious of suspicious emails, messages, or links that request your account information or personal details.
- Regularly update your device and apps.
- Use secure and trusted Wi-Fi networks.
Even with reasonable protection measures in place, there may be a possibility of a data breach. In the event the data breach is assessed to be notifiable, ATHLETIX will notify the affected individuals as soon as practicable, at the same time or after notifying the Personal Data Protection Commission. If the breach warrants notification to the Personal Data Protection Commission, we will make notification as soon as practicable but no later than three (3) calendar days upon our assessment.
9.Retention and Destruction of Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period for which the Personal Data being collected is serving the purpose(s) for which you have been notified and consented to. Also, Personal Data may be retained for as long as necessarily required or relevant for business or legal purposes. Thereafter, we will ensure your Personal Data is properly disposed or destroyed in compliance with all applicable data protection legislation.
When you delete your Account, we ensure it’s no longer visible to other Users on the Platform. We do not promise that you can still recover your Account if it was deleted accidentally. After this period, we begin deleting your personal data from our systems, except when:
- We are required to keep it by law, like retaining data for tax and accounting purposes if you made in-app purchases.
- We need to show compliance with the law, such as retaining account info and behaviour records if an account was blocked for evidential purposes.
- There’s an unresolved issue, claim, or dispute that necessitates keeping the relevant data until it’s resolved.
- Data must be retained for our legitimate business interests, like preventing fraud or enhancing user experience, safety, and security (e.g., preventing a banned user from creating a new account).
Please be aware that even after you delete your Account or remove information from your profile, others may still have access to or copies of that information if it was previously shared or stored by them. We are not responsible for this, and we do not accept liability in relation to misuse of such information by third parties. If you’ve granted third-party apps or websites access to your personal data, they may retain it according to their terms of service or privacy policies.
10.Our Policy Towards Age
Although we want as many of you as possible to enjoy our Services, you must be at least 18 years old to use our Services and provide consent to the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your Personal Data in connection with our Services. If we have reason to believe that we hold Personal Data of a person under the age of 18 in our databases, we will delete that Personal Data.
12.Terms of Service and End-user License Agreement
Please visit our Terms of Service and End-user License Agreement page to learn more about our terms and guidelines in connection with the use of our Services and Platform.
We love hearing from our users! If you have any feedback, questions, or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to make your sports experience the best it can be.
You have made it to the end! Are you ready to elevate your sports experience? Join the ATHLETIX community today and start playing your favourite sports with like-minded individuals.